Sunday, June 25, 2006

Royal Ascot 2006



Having been at Royal Ascot yesterday, took the opportunity to take a picture of the field in the penultimate race. Would probably have worked a little better if I could increase the length of the exposure, but I couldn't... guess that's what you get for having a cheap point and shoot camera!

Greg

3 comments:

Brat Pack SA said...

Gregory Man, this is an AWESOME shot! I love the motion you got. Your camera is perfect. Umm...I'm hoping you bet on the horse in the front - Cindy

Brat Pack SA said...

I also really like the long aspect ratio pseudo 16:9. Very nice - Cinds

Brat Pack SA said...

Thanks, got lucky! As I said I can't adjust anything on my camera as it's point and shoot, so was banking on the fact that if I zoomed in, the horses were travelling quickly enough to come out blurred! Only had one shot at it so was quite chuffed that it worked. As for aspect ratio, I just cropped the actual horses from the photo to give the impression of distance and hence speed. Unfortunately, my money wasn't on the one in the front!
:o( Greg